2017 was a huge year for Tabletop Media Group! So many exciting changes happened at our company and our clients were rockstars. Check out our listing below for the Top 10 Tabletop Media Group 2017 Highlights!
1. Tabletop Media Group hired three stellar employees! We are thrilled to have Jorden Yeargan and Quinn Carlton on our team as full-time Social Media Managers, as well as our full-time Business Developer, Zayne Taber.
2. Chef Bud Taylor of the Bistro at Topsail had a wildly successful year! His blended burger, “The Goomba,” received top five placement in The James Beard Foundation’s Blended Burger Project™. We cannot wait to be in New York City this January to cheer him on while he cooks at the Beard House! His restaurant also received Wine Spectator's 2017 Award of Excellence and placed as one of the top 100 most scenic restaurants in America on OpenTable.
3. 2017 was a massive year for Andia's Homemade Ice Cream! This Cary, NC ice cream shop opened in July and then their French Vanilla ice cream won second place at the National Ice Cream Retailers Association (NICRA) conference in November. The cherry on top? Andia's scooped up a Maggy Award from Cary Magazine for Best New Business of Western Wake. Congrats on one sweet year!
4. Chef Teddy Diggs and the Il Palio team successfully raised $7,500 for the James Beard Foundation Scholarship Fund. Tabletop Media Group had the opportunity to collaborate with Chef Teddy to host a Friends of the James Beard Benefit Dinner, Festa Italiana. This special dinner featured many James Beard award-winning chefs and the menu was simply divine.
5. A Place at the Table secured a permanent space in downtown Raleigh, NC in 2017! This nonprofit pay-what-you-can cafe signed a lease in the former Café de los Muertos space. The official first day of opening will be January 8, 2018 at 300 W Hargett Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Please join us in welcoming them to the downtown Raleigh restaurant scene!
6. Sassool Mediterranean Cafe has been busy in 2017! They announced that they will be joining the Morgan Street Food Hall, and they even expanded their Cary location to include a new grocery and retail section. This new section of Sassool added 2,000 square feet to the restaurant and features an extensive variety of specialty groceries. Sassool was also featured in the Food Network's article, Chefs’ Favorite Holiday Meals for their over-the-top Lebanese meals during the holidays!
7. Southern Smoke BBQ appeared on the TODAY Show! Pit master Matthew Register made his recipe for pork belly and sweet potato dish and let's just say, Al is a huge fan. To top it all off, Matthew also had a huge write up in Food & Wine for his innovative sides and BBQ. Let's just say, 2018 is going to shape up to be a quite a year. Stay tuned for some exciting updates!
8. 41Hundred hosted the 1st Annual Hot Pumpkin Cheesecake Eating Contest on Saturday, October 21, 2017, which just so happened to be everyone's favorite food holiday, National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day! The winner was Dave McWilliams who put away an astonishing 60 oz. of Hot Pumpkin Cheesecake.
9. Located at the AC Hotel Raleigh North Hills, Level7 opened in March 2017 as Raleigh's distinctive, energized space for tapas style bites and samplings from small batch distillers, rock star brewers and single vineyard labels. With a flavor all its own, Level7 is a European inspired experience with North Carolina spirit and Raleigh soul overlooking the North Hills neighborhood. Join the rooftop bar for a cocktail in 2018 if you haven't visited yet!